Please note that this is a demo for a game currently in development and that the final release version may look different.
Balls (formerly known as The Ball) is an endless arcade game created using the Unity game engine currently in development for mobile devices such as smart phones and tablets.
The primary objective is to keep a coloured ball up in the air for as long as possible (whilst collecting coins that randomly appear for extra points) without letting it fall off the bottom of the screen or hit the spikes on the side (which are dynamically generated depending on where the player is making the ball go). Every minute, the game's difficulty level goes up by one (although you can change the game's starting difficulty in the options menu).
The game features a simple control system where you control the ball depending on where you've clicked/touched it (i.e. hitting it in the middle will push it straight up whilst hitting on the side will push it towards the opposite side of the one you touched it in)
In addition, the game also includes procedurally generated backgrounds that change every time you play and the option to customise the colour of the player's ball and trail in the options menu (with seven preset colours currently available at the moment).
The game is currently in development but my plan is to release it to all major app stores (Apple, Google Play, Amazon, Windows Store) during 2016 with a small beta test period before then.
Use The Mouse
- This is a feature limited version of a game that I am currently developing for mobile devices and so parts of the game may feel a bit out of place.
- Bear in mind that since this game is primarily optimised for mobile, the web version may have some bugs/inconsistencies.
- As customising ball/trail colours is locked in the demo version, the game will randomly pick colours instead every time you play.
- The full version of the game will be released on app stores (hopefully before summer 2016) as a free to play title (with in app purchases and optional ads) and will include additional features such as:
- A single scalable difficulty that increase/decreases based on your skill level
- One time boosts/powerups to help the player on their next game session
- The ability to collect stickers/avatars and decorate your ball with them.
Features (already done in the mobile version):
- Simple to learn but hard to master one touch gameplay controls
- 3 adjustable difficulty levels where the harder the difficulty, the more points you can score.
- The ability to customise the colour of your ball and trail (Not available in the web demo)
- Randomly generated backgrounds that change every time you play.
- Online high score leaderboards via GameSparks (Not available in the web demo)
Additional Music and Sound Effects were obtained on OpenGameArt.org from the following users –